Saturday, January 16, 2010

Charming Testimonial for Married Couples Pausing...

When I got the Meaning to Pause bracelet, the first thing I tried was to use the pause to think about my wife, Kristin. At the time, I was out of town and Kristin didn't have a bracelet yet. Sometimes this was a phone call or a text message, sometimes it was just me thinking, "I miss you honey." This was relationship-gold!

She really liked the support when working long hours, and it wasn't difficult to do. It's comforting to know when your partner is thinking about you. Sometimes this makes for mushy, cutesy, moments, but that is balanced by all the times you pause for a new reason, in a new way.

The pause bracelet will not listen to your excuses, it will gently nudge you to think, or act. Inevitably, I end up pausing in thanks, or in silent reflection, or maybe I suddenly remember that I need to stop at the store. There are a lot of fun ways to use it, so I queue up new ideas for my next pause.

My favorite pauses often occur when Kristin and I are together. We sync them and pause together throughout the day. When we're together, it's an excuse to glance at each other and smile. When we're apart, it makes us feel connected - like we've spent more time together that day than we actually did.

Since we both work long hours on opposite shifts, it helps us feel like we're still on the same planet. We find ourselves reflecting on the important things that are often swept under the rug. When a family member is ill, or a baby is being born, pauses tend to focus on these events. For us, it's a great way to maintain our sanity, and it helps us get the most out of life.

Ken & Kristin