Wednesday, January 21, 2015

PRAYER OFFERS A VARIETY OF WAYS TO STRENGTHEN OUR SPIRITUALITY

The more aware we become of Spirit and our connection to the Universe, the stronger our desire becomes to connect and interact with God.  Prayer and meditation are wonderful ways for us to have a conversation with that which is greater than ourselves.  Luckily, there are many types of prayers and many ways to pray.  And whether the prayers are formal or informal, they often revolve around the following:

Prayers of Faith
Prayers of Agreement
Prayers of Request
Prayers of Thanksgiving
Prayers of Worship
Prayers of Dedication
Prayers of Intercession
Prayers of Affirmation
Prayers of Meditation
Prayers of Visioning

However we choose to pray, whenever and wherever, the more consistent we are with our prayers, the more open we become.  As our willingness to embrace goodness unfolds before us, the more our eyes, mind and heart embrace reverence, gratitude, appreciation and love.  As we strengthen our faith and bond with the Divine, the deeper we experience the richness of life – those places that exist below the surface and inevitably touch our soul.

Romans 12:12 ESV
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

Will you Pause today to pray?

Prayer is non-exclusive and available to me.
The opportunity to pray is always accessible to me
and presents itself easily.
Everywhere I am, I can choose to pray –
I know it and I experience it.
Prayer invites me to its call
and expresses itself in me and through me.
I welcome prayer and prayer welcomes me.

Psalm 27:13 ESV
I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living!

Click here for our catalog of prayer and meditation tools.

For more ways you can Pause, click here for our list of 75 PAUSE-ibilities.
http://www.meaningtopause.com/pdf/75%20Ways%20to%20Pause.pdf 

Our Prayer Pause is made with Authentic Tibetan Mala beads.