Wednesday, February 18, 2015

THE PRAYER OF REQUEST

The prayer of request is usually a prayer that we petition on behalf of ourselves.  Generally requests of this nature are such things as forgiveness, mercy, deliverance, salvation, etc. with the intent that God’s will be done and not our own.

John 5:14-15 ESV
And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.

What will you ask for?  

Will you Pause today to make a request?

Forgive my infractions no matter how slight, in word, thought and deed
Have mercy upon my soul and guide me through this day and into the night
Deliver me from darkness and fill my heart full of light
Let me shine love, gratitude and appreciation wherever there is need
And in all things, let me support your will and rejoice when it is done

Make each moment count toward your relationship with God.  We invite you to Pause today.

Today’s Suggested Prayer and Meditation Tool: meaning to pause® bracelet: Prayer Pause
http://www.mcssl.com/store/meaningtopause/catalog/search  (Our Prayer Pause is made with Mala beads.)