Wednesday, April 1, 2015

THE PRAYER OF DEDICATION

No matter our religion or philosophy, as we commence prayer or meditation, we turn our heart and mind over to the prayer or meditation with focused intent.  And regardless if our dedication involves tangible offerings  or intangible ones, our dedication must be combined with applied action appropriate to our intent.  Otherwise, our dedication is empty.

To truly create a substantial prayer of dedication, the intent demands self responsibility.  We must make our best effort to make good on our dedication, to follow-up and follow-through according to our intent.  The prayer of dedication declares that we are willing to live in spiritual authenticity – to walk our walk and talk our talk in order to achieve our highest spiritual state. 

So the question to us is this:  are we willing to dedicate ourselves to the Divine unconditionally? Are we willing to completely turn our will over to the will of God as we understand God?

THE THIRD STEP PRAYER - page 63, Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
God, I offer myself to Thee-
To build with me
and to do with me as Thou wilt.
Relieve me of the bondage of self,
that I may better do Thy will.
Take away my difficulties,
that victory over them may bear witness
to those I would help of Thy Power,
Thy Love, and Thy Way of life.
May I do Thy will always!

Are you ready be authentic in your spirituality?    

Will you Pause in complete dedication?

Make each moment count toward your spiritual dedication.  We invite you to Pause today.

Today’s Suggested Prayer and Meditation Tool: meaning to pause® bracelet: The Buddha Pause